Throughout
my experience doing this assignment I found that I prefer quantitative data
rather than qualitative as I am able to get the results of multiple
participants rather that one piece of data. The reason behind this is that I
may be able to find connections between the data and potentially find what
caused the results, for example I may be able to find out why higher education
students believe the government needs to change by comparing survey results and
finding common factors like if one piece of data answered the same questions as
another. Having multiple results will allow me to get a better idea of what the
group my research is based on thinks.
I
would prefer an idea of what the entire populous believes rather than what a
single person believes, the reason is that I will have an idea of what the
group believes rather than what one person believes. By completing a survey in
class a few weeks ago the results show that I am a critical researcher. My
views/beliefs are classified as critical as they are different compared to
qualitative and quantitative researchers. For example I believe that we should
supply people with the tools they need to change the world rather than doing it
for them. I also believe that people should be empowered to change society
rather than focus on myths. This is the type of researcher I am classified
based on my beliefs.
Thanks
for reading
No comments:
Post a Comment