Monday, 10 August 2015

The final idea





My project topic has honed to what uni students think about politics, the reason behind this is that I believe that our opinion changes as we learn. Surveying uni students will allow me to get improved results. I intend to survey my classmates and interview friends, this will allow me to get a better idea of what uni students think about politics.

My research question is:

What do you think about politics?

Some possible sub questions are:

  • do you want to be prime minister?
  • why do you want to get into politics?
  • why do you not ant to get into politics?
  • what would you change?
  • what would you keep the same?
These are just draft questions at this point in time, they will change. I hope to get an understanding of what image/s politicians and politics are painting for generation y. This image will show how society(part of) views the actions of political parties.

I intend to survey my classmates and interview a few friends, this will allow me to gather the data i need and it will not take a long period of time.





This image shows students protesting for education, it is an image that brings both the subject and topic of my research into a single image. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jake,
    Quite an interesting topic to base your research on. Although from what I understand in your findings that youth generally don't have much interest in Politics, there is no doubt that it does effect all of us to some extent, and as we do become more educated we realise this. So I agree with your intention to survey students - especially uni students. I've personally experienced fund cuts to a previous course I have attended, and it was quite aggravating - lots of protests took place. This could be something else you might like to consider, and have a look at uni students' involvement in political protests to defend their educational rights... Just a thought. All in all, your blog to date is quite interesting, with plausible coverage on what the intended directions for your project are.I am keen to see how it will evolve.
    -Aleks

    ReplyDelete